Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Of course, I'm up early in the morning watching MORNING JOE from New York! Can't seem to turn my internal clock around from years and years and years of getting up early to be in a carpool at 5:30 A.M. So here I am, retired, and still getting up in the wee hours. Good time to blog.
I hope that the main purpose of this blog catches on: knitting or crocheting for your troops and a process by which this can be done! This is NOT political; that is for another time and space. It is absolutely HUMANITARIAN with a simple goal of getting warmth out to our troops wherever they may be. Additionally, some who register with ANYSOLDIER.COM have asked for school supplies to hand out to the Afghani children. Jeff and I found the 99 CENT STORE a great place to get school supplies. SUGGESTION: GET YOUR FLAT RATE MAILING BOX AT THE POST OFFICE FIRST SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD IN POSTAGE. THEN, FILL IT WITH SCHOOL SUPPLIES OR KNITTED OR CROCHETED ITEMS.
I'm going to Kinko's today to photocopy (on card stock) the cards designed by my friend Joan. If you need them to attach to anything you wish to send, just let me know and I'll mail them off to you. In the meantime, we can all do the following: knit or crochet; send holiday cards to our troops; donate to ANYSOLDIER.COM; help with yarn for people who wish to knit or crochet but who are pinched financially. Thanks for your time. Let me know if I did this correctly....PLEASE! I'm still very much a quill person so this new fangled computer community is absolutely new to me. In the meantime, PEACE.
General Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment