Saturday, January 30, 2010

COSTCO IS CHEAPER ON RAMEN, ETC.!!

Hi there,
Jeff and I went to COSTCO yesterday. I picked up a 'case' of chicken ramen for $7.99; 48 total. That is a BETTER DEAL than the 99 CENT STORE. They also have bags of all flavors of BEEF JERKY. We also got a container (900 sheets) of BABY WIPES, which the infantry can use when they don't have showers. It is not really one container, although it is one carton: lots of separate containers inside so they can be divided up to different groups within a battalion or separate soldiers. Up to you. Another good thing we found were BAGS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF DRIED FRUIT. The soldiers who get MRE's (meals ready to eat) don't often get fruit, I've been told. So in that lunch box size fruit portions are heavy to mail or conversely, take up a lot of space in the largest FLAT RATE POST OFFICE BOX, these very well sealed bags of dried fruit go a long way. I bought apricots. As I find things, I'll let you know. In the meantime, keep the faith and keep those knitting needles going full force.
I have learned that FOB in the address usually means they are stationed out in the boonies, instead of a place where there are kitchens, bathrooms, etc. So, if I see an FOB address in Afghanistan, Jeff and I tend to want them to get boxes of things that might be able to make them more comfortable. Up to you, of course. I send cards and other things to soldiers in other places. Over and out for now...

Adria
General Mama
Mama-Schu

No comments:

Post a Comment