Friday, November 26, 2010

It has been a long time since I have blogged for two reasons: the summer months in AFghanistan and Iraq are not times when knitted things are needed for warmth; my husband had knee replacement surgery. So, I've been busy BUT I have been knitting.
The platoon we have been sponsoring was rotated out of combat duty so we now have to adopt new soldiers via anysoldier.com We encourage folks to do the same. Winter is here or rapidly approaching, so neck muffs and balaclavas are needed. Please remember to use camo colors and always wool because wool does not burn. You can also use silk yarns, but they are pricey. The cold and the biting winds in Afghanistan particularly, chap the faces of our military who are on duty at all times of the day or night. These are welcome items.
Once again, I like to remind everyone who mails items off to soldiers, that the U.S. Post Office gives a discount on itmes mailed to a military APO address.
In addition to warm knitted items, our soldiers need baby wipes (many do not have showers all the time), ramen products that require only boiling water, pop corn and dried fruit. It is difficult for them to secure fruit on a regular basis, I've been told.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and I will answer. Until such time as I may hear from you, we send you best wishes and blessings all the time, but most especially at this season of so many holidays - all of which are protected for us by our military.

No comments:

Post a Comment